It is now June 2nd, and I can hardly believe the year is almost half over. My life last weekend was a whirl of my favorite pastime...theater. It gets very expensive sometimes, when you have so many friends in so many good shows, but we manage to volunteer to usher to see several things, and then with the good old senior discount......
Friday night Spence and I ushered for Raymond Michael's Elvis Tribute. I met Ray almost 22 years ago in HMS Pinafore at Moorpark College. He does a great Elvis show...keeps the audience right in the palm of his hand, and he looks great, too. He also sings in tune...something Elvis didn't always manage.
Saturday night I went to see The Curious Savage. If you have NEVER seen it, try to find a production. It is one of the most enjoyable shows I have seen...and it is G rated...takes place in a 'home' for the insane. I laughed and then I cried... David Burr was one of the characters, and he is a VERY good actor.
Sunday I went to see a Curtain Youth Theater production of Into the Woods. Those kids were astounding....The junior version only does the first act, but the voices and the acting were incredible. By the way, I did manage to attend Church, too.
After our Ward Picnic tonight, J.J. came over and we watched the movie Stardust...delightful fantasy.
Well, I just don't have anything clever or amusing to say, so I will sign off for now.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment